Saturday 12 January 2013

Death by treadmill


A massive 61km since last post. 

Weight: 64.1 Kg (-100g) 
Body Fat: 30.6% (-0.3%)
Muscle: 42.2 Kg (+100g) 

This week was the hardest of weeks so far, it marked a pretty big rise in expected km and I was away from work so four of my six runs this week had to be done on a treadmill in a tiny tiny hotel gym. I was staying on the outskirts of Coventry in a retail park. There was a big a-road I could have run down.. but it was dark and looked to be the local trucker hangout. No thanks. I also had a fun 10 hours of fieldwork  for a research project to be done each day. Such fun. 

I don't like treadmills, I have always found them mentally and physically difficult. I don't know if my short legs have anything to do with it but I just can't seem run as fast - then there is the tedious number watching as each km stretches out in to eternity. I'm pretty proud of myself this week - I managed a total of 34km on the things. 8km is my limit though, and as I had two 8km plus runs I did have to cheat a little and split my runs in two (8km in the morn + 3km at night for my 11k and 8km in the morn and 2km at night for the 10km) still counts. I also need to entertain myself so all treadmill runs are interval runs, they hurt but are somehow more tolerable than straight forward running. Plus they make my run graph look pretty: 


















So there were no scenic highlights this week, unless you count BBC breakfast on the treadmill tv. This only worked for 8km of the total 34 though. The remaining km were either a blue 'no signal' screen or a muted breakfast show from ITV - no text, just people on a couch and me left guessing what they were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment