Saturday 9 February 2013

Thank goodness that's over.


Swimming:  01:50
Cycling:  02:20
Running: 1 day, 4 hours and 36 minutes.
Other: 01:10

Weight: 63.8 
Body Fat: 30.5
Muscle: 42.1

My running total is a little scary now.. and in comparison everything else is a little scary for other reasons. I really need to get out there on the bike.. it just hasn't been happening. But, my research fieldwork is now over so I can start cycling in to the office again and get in to a proper routine. I have enjoyed the variety of runs though.. This weeks highlight was a run around Newcastle of about 12.5km. On the way I took this lovely picture of the Millennium bridge: 

Millennium Bridge, Newcastle.
The run around Newcastle was a lot of fun as I had a friend with me and also very scenic as we ran along the waterfront and then around some of the big monuements and other sites of the place. We also scouted out a good bar to go to later on that night..

I think the lowest point of training this week was a horrible hotel gym up North. There was 1 treadmill, 1 bike, 1 cross-trainer. The bike refused to let you enter a programme longer than 20 minutes and the treadmill shuts down after 25 minutes..  leaving me to run laps around the hotel car park (in minus temperatures and a hint of snow) to make up the extra km. The hotel was in the middle of nowhere and it was dark so there was no other option.

I need to start looking at my diet properly now. I have had far too many steaks with chips over the last month or so. I'll make a trip today to the health food supermarket.. watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment